E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before but I have some additional questions.

Anyone know of a reputable place in the sf bay area that will paint and replace all the black moldings?

Someone in another forum mentioned bimmian.com where you can send the all your moldings to paint for about $150. I'm not sure if I want to go "moldless" for that period of time. You could also get OEM body color moldings for about $500. Has anyone done either? The second option though pricey might be better quality.

Also for replacing the clears do you stick with OEM from BMW? I've heard they are pretty pricey.

(Maybe I should have gotten a 330Ci rather than a 330i then I wouldn't have to worry about side moldings or clears. Oh well)

Thanks for any and all help.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,276 Posts
i would like to know about the moldings as well and for the clears make sure there OEM thats your best bet unless you want to try your luck with ebay, i bought my clear corners from procarparts.com for a really good deal

·
Banned
19 Posts
shop

go to access autobody in san pablo, ask for roy the owner let hime know aziz told you, have him look at the car he does all my work, his# is 510-215-9528

·
Registered
11,137 Posts
:)

any body shop around here should do it for you.

·
Resident CF Whore
2,759 Posts
Yea... make sure you go to a good one too...
Not like some of the retards at Ruthford's in downtown Seattle.
They told me some parts can't be painted because the paint wouldn't stick or because the heat would distort it.
My car is proof that they're a bunch of idiots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just went thru the paint vs tape thread. For those that went the tape route on the tit. silver sedan would you post some pictures of the sides and front ?

thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
As far as clears......... got mine from Circle BMW (corners, side markers, and rear) all very reasonable and quick.

Had problems in past with Bimmian as far as items being in stock as they promised. Ordered platium vision bulbs for my clears (didn't want orange bulbs) and replacement keyhole cover for driver's side. FINALLY rec'd bulbs, NEVER GOT KEYHOLE COVER!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts