BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ///M3 Junkies we know we've seen them all from the Rouge El diablo to AA exhaust, but what about the one that gives u chills and excites :excited: everytime you hear and see it! Im talking about the one that the GTR carries! The Famous Side exhaust?? Im wondering if you all forgot about that one! i havent seen one car with that MOD soo if anyone out there has it. Post some pics! VIDS! whatever you have!

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
It's pretty much a custom system that is straight-piped back from the headers I think. No cats, no nothing. I've actually thought about doing this, but the cost of getting the exhaust through the frame and the sideskirts at the right place is pretty tough. Just looking at it from underneath started to make my head hurt. Not sure if I want to do that much fabrication.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
quad exhaust is one of the sexiest parts on the m3, i would never go side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
idk i think it would be preatty savage if they came out with one of thoughs but then the rear bumper would look out of shape so they would or should make a rear bumper to match

·
Banned
3 Posts
I was wondering what your goal was with the side exit exhaust? Is the car for track use only? There is no possibility of it being streetable with piping that short. There would probably be flames between shifts!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yeah I think it would a bit too loud for the street, especially with the windows down. I was behind a GT3 with straight pipes and it had my ears ringing after a while so I can only imagine driving a car with the pipes exiting from right under me. Plus you'll have to make sure that it's properly done or else you'll melt the side skirts.

·
Psshhhht M3
6,001 Posts
I was wondering what your goal was with the side exit exhaust? Is the car for track use only? There is no possibility of it being streetable with piping that short. There would probably be flames between shifts!
I dont know if you were asking me but ill answer.

Im going with a big turbo, there will be a custom exhaust made going to the back but there will also be a side exit downpipe that is controlled via an electronic switch for a open straight downpipe.

·
Registered
439 Posts
^^ will the piping show or will it be hidden under the car like what Rogue has done? And how long before your ride is ready to be shown???

·
Registered
200 Posts
A side exhaust would save some weight too. In order to make it look right I'd have a sick custom diffuser made to take the lack of a rear exhaust into account. That would be sick if done right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts