E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like all my pins are intact and I'm able to separate the 2 parts. My car is an '01 so maybe ours are a little different. Are those shorter pins supposed to be the same length as the longer ones and mine are broken? From the diagram they look longer but from the other pic you have above they look as short as mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
You know what, that's exactly what is causing the problem. My pins aren't short, they're broken so they don't make contact with the + , - terminals. Ok so can I just buy a new connector now? How's the "dental surgery" coming along on yours?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Would it be safe to just splice in the new connector or should I use the new harness? Just wondering how difficult it is to remove the old harness and replace it compared to splicing.

Also, the harness contains wiring for the speakers, windows, and other things right? It's not only just for the airbag?

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey I've been trying to find the wiring harness but none of the dealers here have them in stock...none of the online shops seem to carry it either. anyway if you can show me how you fixed your problem I would appreciate that alot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.