BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show me your 18x8's et47 running 225/40 front & 245/45 in the rear, pref on a sedan.

I know it's a specific request but hopefully someone on here is running that set up. And even more specifically, pictures from the rear!

I've got a set (4) of M3 18" fronts coming and I need tires. Deciding whether to run 225/40 all around or 225/40 front & 245/45 rear, as the tires I want to buy only come in these few sizes for my car. So if you're running either of these two setups please post your pics!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
245/45/18's are too tall of a size to use. This will definitely cause rubbing issues during a full cabin or compression. I would recommend 225/40/18 all around and pushing the rears out with a spacer. This allows you the opportunity to rotate the wheels down the road.

[email protected]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was nervous about a 45, especially since I've put Eibach pro-kit springs on that lowered the car ~1". Wasn't wanting to run spacers, but looks like I'll have to for the look I want. I guess a 12mm would give me about the same look as the 245/45 would have? (horizontally) How do you feel about spacers? ie safe? wear & tear on suspension parts?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Even 245/40/18 is taller than stock. Wider tires won't make conservative offset wheels look good, only spacers will (I would do 10mm front, 15mm rear)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just an update for future searchers.

18"x8" et47 M3 fronts (style 67s), 225/40r18 No Spacers
Car has Eibach Prokit springs which lowered the car ~1".

I will be putting spacers on, I'll update when they're on. Also, I'd prefer a 245/40 on the rear, but these tires aren't offered in that size, and I love these tires. As my DD the wheel gap is functional, but I'm considering coilovers in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts