BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Alpha Male
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HRE 541R

The biggest bonus is being able to fit BIG brakes. But does wanting brakes really justify buying new wheels?

Attachments

·
2,274 Posts
gunmetal sucks. HREs don't suck. But you'd kill your ACS theme.

I still dont understand why such a good tuning company would make their wheels not support big brakes. That sucks. And it's not even as if they have a lip either, pushing the spokes in. Are they really just that fat?

·
2,274 Posts
reading john's thread about spacers. So you need 17mm spacers I take it to run the 14" kit? I say just fock it and do it. Pull your fenders and run the spacers. Get yourself some custom M3 width fenders and run M offsets in the rear or something. Then you get 2 cool mods out of it :) Plus with spacers you're wider and perform better :)

·
Alpha Male
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave said:
gunmetal sucks. HREs don't suck. But you'd kill your ACS theme.

I still dont understand why such a good tuning company would make their wheels not support big brakes. That sucks. And it's not even as if they have a lip either, pushing the spokes in. Are they really just that fat?
Spokes are kinda fat and the backspacing isn't very big.

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,899 Posts
FOCK ASC AND RUN SOMETHING DIFFERENT I BET A CERTAIN "SOMETHING" would like a change and HRE's are perfect for BBK clearance.

·
2,274 Posts
:pimpin:

Attachments

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,929 Posts
Change of heart... do em up Clemmy i know how much you love em!!! By the way ordered mine up 2day!! :thumbup:

·
2,274 Posts
542s craig?

:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts