E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

Here in my country, Dominican Republic, the gas is not as good as it is supposed to be, we have to grades of gasoline, regular and premium, our premium is maybe a little better than US regular, but is not really premium at all, so i'm thinking about using Octane Boosters, what do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be a problem if by using a octane booster the gas get more octane than it's supposed to have?

·
Registered
16,114 Posts
Probably not. What I am saying is that if you are not having problems now, then you don't need to use octane boosters (if they even work).

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
More trouble than it's worth, and you won't even know until you are clueless.
E46, imo DOES NOT NEED PREMIUM. if you want to waste $$$ on a low hp engine, go ahead.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Many "boosters" are crap. If you do go with one, make sure you do your homework.
Indeed. Some of these bottles claim to raise octane of 12 gallons of gas by as much as 5 points(!). That would make 12 gals of 87 octane all of 87.05. To raise 87 octane to 91 octane, you'd need to pour 80 bottles into the tank!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed. Some of these bottles claim to raise octane of 12 gallons of gas by as much as 5 points(!). That would make 12 gals of 87 octane all of 87.05. To raise 87 octane to 91 octane, you'd need to pour 80 bottles into the tank!
:/ i see

1 - 9 of 9 Posts