BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The OG Black Roof
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to look at this little private dealer..and i talked to this guy about putting my mods onto the car that i would be buying....

it would only cost me an extra couple of grand over what i originally paid for my 323...

hes gonna give me like 24 grand for my car, and the 330..is 27999...

i guess im leaving out some info...but.....

should i do it?

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
def worth it..

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do it. I did that a year ago, and I have never look back. I have a step 325Ci and upgraded to a manual 330Ci. And instantly, I put on a body kit and some performance upgrade because it is well worth modifying that car.

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,676 Posts
trancenerd said:
Do it. I did that a year ago, and I have never look back. I have a step 325Ci and upgraded to a manual 330Ci. And instantly, I put on a body kit and some performance upgrade because it is well worth modifying that car.
me too; i went from a 2.5 coupe to a 3 L sedan

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
Heh, everybody in this forum is going to tell you (irrationally) to "DO IT!"

Natural reaction from any car enthusiast, of course, nothing wrong with it...regardless, that's what they said when I posted a few months back about a similar situation (I was thinking of jumping to a 330Ci), but when I looked at all the costs involved, I decided I was better off holding onto my (thus far) trusty and reliable 323 until I was out of school and had a ton of extra cash to burn.

Before I give my recommendation, I'd like to know more info about both cars. Since when was ANYBODY offering 24k on a trade for a 3+ year old 323? Most I could probably hope to get for mine might be 17 or 18 (on trade, anyway, maybe 19-20 if I sold it privately), and my car is in fantastic shape with low miles and several months of warranty remaining. Are you trading your car with upgrades or mods that will stay on it? I'd check up on that. Could be one of those deals of a lifetime...or a scam.

Meanwhile, the price on the 330 doesn't seem particularly unusual, especially if you're buying through a wholesaler/small dealership (I know a friend who bought his 323 through a wholesaler, and paid 6k less than what the dealer wanted for what was essentially a great, reliable car).

·
Registered
878 Posts
that's rediculous... dealer wants to give me 13k on my 2000 323

granted i do have 65k miles... but its a 4 year old car!

·
The OG Black Roof
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hehe...ya well i went down there...but im they were gonna give me 22 for my car...but i am selling it private party to get more for it...i should be able to around here...

man there was nothing like driving that 330...even stock gagging for air..that thing had so much more pep...im in love...gosh i wonder what an m3 is like..heh

anyway...yaaa for me...looks like a 2002 330ci fo rme soon

:thumbup:

·
Registered
878 Posts
how many miles u got on ur 323???

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
for 4k more? u get a 330? am i reading right?? i would say do it, bigger motor, better platform to start off of if you're planning to mod :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
IF you can get 24k for your 323, that will not be easy, then go for it.

But I don't know many people who are willing to spend $24,000 on a 323ci.

Either way, the 330 is definitely worth it, get manual if you can!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
if you can afford it go for it

i would say it is a more fun car to drive. if you can afford the ins. and the cost of the new car have fun and go for it i say.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Unpopular answer here but NO!

$24K sounds way too much for a 323 trade-in, the 330 was probably in a major accident. They're desperate to rid it, & so they pump up your trade-in value.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts