BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i received the grummp m today. but car isn't ready to put the
intake in yet. but i am at work and starting to think about the instalation, heard good things about ultma performance.

what does very body think and at what millage do i install it. i have around 600 miles now i am not even thinking about puting the intake untill at lease 2,000 to 2,500 miles but

let me ask the guruessssssssssssss of the forum

WHAT DO YOU PERFORMANCE WIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZARDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS

THINK

bobm3 :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
You paid all that money and you want to give some more away

Installing the intake is a no-brainer. Yeah it might take some time out of the box from nervousness to remove your components and re-read the install instructions 10 times or better yet with the gruppeM read Japanese. All the tools you need are in your BMW tool kit in the trunk if you wanted to use those. But save yourself some money and do it yourself OR just send me the money since you are giving it away for someone else to do this simple install.

I personally would wait till after your break-in period to install the air intake. You will like the performance of the gruppeM and this preps you for getting a aftermarket chip upgrade for even better performance.

Do a search, I believe someone posted a gruppeM do-it-yourself.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guys i am no mech. i will get one of bro's then

thanks for the advise
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
hey im not mech either, but i installed my new bulbs all by myself. That gave me a feeling of great accomplishment and i believed i could take on the world.So yesterday , i attempted to rebuild my engine. I couldn't put it back together

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I did it myself...posted some pix on this board...

Install was very easy, easier than I thought it would be except for the fact that you have to cut a part of the front grill fan area...which was a biatch and a pain in the arse...other than that, it's pretty easy to install it yourself...Regarding your mileage...go drive around more often until you hit 1200 miles, than it should be fine to install it already...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts