E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new viper alarm and remote start installed on my car. Sometimes when I remote start my car and get in and close my door my window doesnt tuck under(You know when you close the door and then the window goes up a little bit for air noise I think) Its not a reallt big deal I just hit the window roll up button for a second. Is this normal. Should I complain. I did pay $650 for the install and all...Any Idea's.. :hmm:

·
Registered
22 Posts
no harm in having them check it. They might find another problem while they are fixing that.

*edit*

and come to think about it. Its got to be something to do with the door not closing properly because it only happens sometimes.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
harold said:
I got a new viper alarm and remote start installed on my car. Sometimes when I remote start my car and get in and close my door my window doesnt tuck under(You know when you close the door and then the window goes up a little bit for air noise I think) Its not a reallt big deal I just hit the window roll up button for a second. Is this normal. Should I complain. I did pay $650 for the install and all...Any Idea's.. :hmm:
They have to isolate each door with diodes. It seems that your installer did not use any... :shhh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CT- I always make sure the door is shut all the way so thats not the problem. But thanks anyway

Technik- Do you think those diodes they would definitly solve this problem? Is this a common mistake or was my installer an idiot? Any info would be great. Thanks.. :hi:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
harold said:
Technic- Do you think those diodes they would definitly solve this problem? Is this a common mistake or was my installer an idiot? Any info would be great. Thanks.. :hi:
Well, I am guessing based on your description. I would definitely go back to the installer and make sure that they actually isolated the doors from each other.

You see, the left and right doors are isolated because of the window sealing electromechanism; if they just tapped both door pins with the same single door trigger wire of your alarm without using diodes, the car ECU will be confused because if you open one door it will sense the door open and also closed at the same time. So anything could go either way, sometimes you will see it failing, other times will function correctly. Diodes eliminate (correct) this condition by isolating the right door from the left, the only way the ECU recognizes each door and commands the respective window up and down.

I would check these diodes first... :dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot. I really appreciate your knowledge. I am going to call the installer tommorrow. He is a pretty nice guy. I hope he can resolve this problem. Thanks again.. :str8pimpi Keep it pimpin..LOL

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
harold said:
Thanks alot. I really appreciate your knowledge. I am going to call the installer tommorrow. He is a pretty nice guy. I hope he can resolve this problem. Thanks again.. :str8pimpi Keep it pimpin..LOL
So what happened? :dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to bring it in this weekend. He said he will take a look at it. I hope he can fix it. I will keep you guys informed. Thanks for all your help guys. I really like this forum. Alot of nice people. Stay tuned.... :woot:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts