BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just pop'd up online:
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2010149288.html

Car seems like a dream considering the price, appeal, and components..

Seller said that the car has, "..92k on odo, and around 50k on engine(Dinan swap)"

I'm hesitant to purchase a car that has had a swap. What kind of questions should I ask? What should I be looking for...? I mean, wouldn't the car be over $20K if in fact he does have a Dinan in there? It almost seems too good to be true.

I would like to purchase but I don't want something that'll fail on me.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
"Dyno showed 380 HP and 400HP with K&N "

lol, wut? I assume he's talking crank hp and not wheel hp?

I didn't think you could get the comp package till like 2003.5 or 04 at least

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured he was. There aren't many engines that produce that whp much power between 3 and 4L. My concern is mainly with the swap...

Sent from my Garminfone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any comments on possible reliability issues with this particular car?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What do they mean Dinan engine as in SC or just throttle bodies, intake, and software? I'm guessing no to the SC and intake since he says K&N. I'd def get more info on this "Dinan" engine sounds like BS to me.

I'd say 18K for a 50K motor is decent but what would bother me is the owner prob used and abused the car. Also you have to worry about regular maintenance stuff with +90K on the body wear and tear alone could be pain and even worse if it was neglected.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Uh, have you actually seen the car in person? Why does it have out of country plates front and rear? Those are not just for show. Where is this car?

If that car is not originally from the US, titling it is NOT going to be easy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may just see this car to see if its real! I learned a lot here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=189390

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uh, have you actually seen the car in person? Why does it have out of country plates front and rear? Those are not just for show. Where is this car?

If that car is not originally from the US, titling it is NOT going to be easy.
That's exactly what I asked the dude too. Apparently, its Virginia titled and inspected.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is no Dinan S54. Seller has no idea what he's talking about. That power range isn't made on the S54 with out a blower either, so it's either got a blower and that is the worst ad ever or the seller continues to not know what he's talking about AND posts bad info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts