BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, i got new headers put in, but the first sensor on the second header doesn’t fit because there’s not enough room. I have to get this project done today because I have to go west because of certain things, and I need a short term fix so I can get an adapter. I was thinking of just trying to screw it in and sealing it with exhaust wrap, but i’m not sure if that will work for the time being. I also thought of trying to remove the heat shield, but i’m sure that’s not a good idea

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Hmm, that's close- what if you lower the rear of the engine by pulling the trans mount,
install the sensor, then push it back up into place? There's quite a bit of give to the
head shielding material- I bet you could dent it out of the way enough.

What I'd try first,

t

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that's close- what if you lower the rear of the engine by pulling the trans mount,
install the sensor, then push it back up into place? There's quite a bit of give to the
head shielding material- I bet you could dent it out of the way enough.

What I'd try first,

t
I decided to scrap the project, because the new headers collide with the engine mount, and I jacked my engine up quite a bit, and it doesn’t line up with the exhaust. Plus, all the o2 sensors don’t line up either. Sucks to suck i guess 😕

1 - 3 of 3 Posts