E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well done... great to see another forum member from WA.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Do they even make LM-R reps...? :hmm:
Where and how much did you pay for the wheels?
Your jwl and via marking on the face of the wheel appears off. The font and text isn't up to par either. Plus its missing other markings within the front face hub area.

Screen shot of your wheels.

Of all the LMRs I've seen have these markings. Very distinctive. Back milling on the spokes, later on that.

Click for larger image.

You also have to think about its distinctive back milling process. Your spokes are are flat then has the lip inside, but LMRs I've seen has a inward curvature due to the back milling. See the pronounced curvature on the BBS compared to yours. Click on the first bbs wheels that I posted for a larger look at the back milling on the spokes.

Again yours,

BBS LMR,

You either bought some LMR reps without knowing, or my aforementioned statement of putting BBS caps on reps holds true. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a wheel expert, but I just wanted to point something that caught my eyes. :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do they even make LM-R reps...? :hmm:

I'm in Spokane, unfortunately. The car scene here is dead, not anything like the west side... :banghead:
Dude, I live in Pullman. IDK if you're on nwbmwclub.com, but there's a lot of cool people with cool cars in our area. If you take your M in the snow, you should make a trip down to Pullman tomorrow for a little meet and eat! 7pm at Nuevo.

Sick car btw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You either bought some LMR reps without knowing, or my aforementioned statement of putting BBS caps on reps holds true. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a wheel expert, but I just wanted to point something that caught my eyes. :(
I bought them from a guy with a bunch of BBS's and he showed me receipts from tire rack... :eek: I've been under the impression they were real.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, I live in Pullman. IDK if you're on nwbmwclub.com, but there's a lot of cool people with cool cars in our area. If you take your M in the snow, you should make a trip down to Pullman tomorrow for a little meet and eat! 7pm at Nuevo

Sick car btw.
Thanks man! I wish I could make it down, but my car's off insurance for the winter, so I don't want to take it for an extended drive. Hopefully the snow goes away for a good while so I can put insurance on it again! :4ngie:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts