E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my car with the dash Lit up!!!! :censor:

So I'm sure everyone has a story like this. You bring your car to the shop to fix something and come out with problems.

Soooo, I purchased a M-Tech II Bumper, front & back. I needed it to get painted and fitted. So I bring it to a local reputable shop.

For one they took longer than expected. This is maybe, a 3 day job, if that.
Then I come to the shop and my car is gone, he brings it to his house a few blocks down to store because of the amount of cars waiting to be serviced.

Long story short, My car came out the the fuel gauge going bonkers and my speedometer not working!!! :banghead:

Come to find out, my Rear Wheel Speed Sensor is "not working" and my fuel module by the back bumper might be damaged. :cry:

I'm now going through a fight with the shop owner to fix it or replace all the parts!!! :ben:

What do you guys think I should do!?

·
Premium Member
7,665 Posts
Given the combination of the lights on your dash, I suspect the guy who did this:

1. is colorblind
2. has never worked on a car
3. He connected the left headlight to the temp sensor, the right headlight to the abs sensor
4. he is so big that he broke the seat belt trying to buckle to take your car at his place
5. he's so heavy that the car tilted hence the oil level light, and the check engine is because, I don't know about that, maybe hook it to an OBDII scanner to see.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Given the combination of the lights on your dash, I suspect the guy who did this:

1. is colorblind
2. has never worked on a car
3. He connected the left headlight to the temp sensor, the right headlight to the abs sensor
4. he is so big that he broke the seat belt trying to buckle to take your car at his place
5. he's so heavy that the car tilted hence the oil level light, and the check engine is because, I don't know about that, maybe hook it to an OBDII scanner to see.
CEL is likely becuase engine blew up hauling big fat mexi-puerto-russian ass around while he joyrode your Bimmer, sry, I meant "stored" it.

To Fix, Perform routine maintnance first:

1.) Check/Replace Muffler Bearings
2.) Top up Halogen Fluid
3.) Put car up on a Skyhook and look for flaws

33,347 Posts
Owner of the shop is eather, Arab, PuertoRican or Russian! Worst ever shops like that.
Most of the repair shops in NY are crooked as hell. You see arab, puertorican or russian running the shop just run.
Your post was racist enough the first time, you didnt have to repost it :tsk:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Hey Hey !!!

This post is about ME!!!

I need opinions and suggestions.

·
Just Nuts
7,245 Posts
Oh, it's quite normal. It's one of the usual hostage situations - this time the hostage taker decided to keep the hostage closer to home. You shouldn't blame the shop as most shop owners on this forum will confirm customers' cars crap out under their care all the time. It's all just pure coincident and has nothing to do with the shop or with jiggery pokery of any sort. If you have been reading these forums, you should be already familiar with BMWs crapping out all the time and stranding their owners in the middle of nowhere in complete darkeness and near where the molesting forest bears live.

Last time a shop touched my pumper, they infected my screen wash with a virus. They also popped a couple of nails into the tires as an antidote.

Your option is to pay the ransom before anything else happens to the hostage.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hey Hey Hey !!!

This post is about ME!!!

I need opinions and suggestions.
:rofl:

Take it to a dealership (or BMW indy), get a diagnosis and quote on repairs, present your mechanic with bill for quoted repairs and the cost of diagnosis and tell him if he has any questions on the items listed you can be contacted through your lawyer....or go the nice route and just talk it out with him man to man (if he is a reputable gentleman).

·
Registered
187 Posts

Take it to a dealership (or BMW indy), get a diagnosis and quote on repairs, present your mechanic with bill for quoted repairs and the cost of diagnosis and tell him if he has any questions on the items listed you can be contacted through your lawyer....or go the nice route and just talk it out with him man to man (if he is a reputable gentleman).

+1 this is probably your best option. And lets keep the racism to a minimum please. Not all of us Puerto Ricans are dirty . . . . all the time :eeps:.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Your car came back like that and you are still willing to let this guy "fix" it ???????

·
Registered
158 Posts
If he wont pay for the dealership to fix it/fix it himself definitely talk to a lawyer. He will end up paying for all repairs plus court fees and for your lawyer and maybe a little extra for being a dink. The only way he can win is if you signed something saying they are not liable, or if he can prove that all that was failing when you brought it in.

Or you could just firebomb his shop, JK

Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your car came back like that and you are still willing to let this guy "fix" it ???????
Really not going to, I just want him to purchase the parts. I will have my real mechanic replace it.

If he wont pay for the dealership to fix it/fix it himself definitely talk to a lawyer. He will end up paying for all repairs plus court fees and for your lawyer and maybe a little extra for being a dink. The only way he can win is if you signed something saying they are not liable, or if he can prove that all that was failing when you brought it in.

Or you could just firebomb his shop, JK

Good luck.
I was considering this, but it is a LOONNNGGGGG Process.. and I could end up paying more than if I was to just replace it. Plus I would have to prove in someway how he damaged it, which is the hard part.

This too is a long process.. and I already had someone diagnosis the problem. He has the GTI I think and found out exactly where the problem was coming from. That's when I went back to the shop with this info.

Btw, does anyone know where I can find a diagnostic software so I wouldn't have to continuously pay a friend to run a simple program and find the problem?

:spit::spit::spit:
Ol' wise Jake.. Gimme some feedback

1 - 20 of 21 Posts