BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm speaking for a friend of mine, p0tpie.

Today was going to be his lucky day to get those Acs 19'' type 3s. He was gonna go pick them up and install them at D2. However, on the way there, his shocks broke and he could smell the burning of the tires. the smoke stanked. Well..he had to have a tow truck tow his car to D2 and is now there until wed, hopefully he can get those rims and new tires he ordered. So basically this was a pretty bad day for him and his coilover system was installed at Ef1 motorsports.

Should he call Fabrizio and complain, sue, or something?

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah brand new Bilstein PSS

·
Modded
1,149 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear Kev. I would go call them and ask them for replacement or something. Let's see if they can give you a new coils.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED....i was literally about 6 miles from d2, and this **** happens. they were all like, ****ty install.............GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. i saw my beautiful type 3's when i got to d2....so close, yet so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sExY cLk m3 gRL said:
I'm speaking for a friend of mine, p0tpie.

Today was going to be his lucky day to get those Acs 19'' type 3s. He was gonna go pick them up and install them at D2. However, on the way there, his shocks broke and he could smell the burning of the tires. the smoke stanked. Well..he had to have a tow truck tow his car to D2 and is now there until wed, hopefully he can get those rims and new tires he ordered. So basically this was a pretty bad day for him and his coilover system was installed at Ef1 motorsports.

Should he call Fabrizio and complain, sue, or something?

F1 motorsports OR Ef1 motorsports :confused:

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p0tpie said:
i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED....i was literally about 6 miles from d2, and this **** happens. they were all like, ****ty install.............GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. i saw my beautiful type 3's when i got to d2....so close, yet so far.
Im sorry kev. at least that didnt happen when we were in LA...oh man...

·
Registered
378 Posts
you got pictures of what broke?

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its Ef1motorsports

·
Modded
1,149 Posts
Dayam, never heard of this thing before.
And I was there with you when Fab installed the coils...looked fine...he was pretty careful...dayam, this bites! Call him tomorrow and complain.

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He told me he has no pictures. BUt just imagine a yellow shock hanging off ur car..and the rear basically dropped like 2 inches. and smoke coming out. on the freeway.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Dude tell them to freakin give you a new set and pay for some other shop to install it

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha...well then i guess IM not gonna get bilsteins nemore..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ahh. This sounds like the lower shock mount problem. Bilstein didn't include washers for the lower shock bolt. This makes the shock vulnerable to popping right off the mount. You can read about it on www.my330i.com. A lot of us who have been on the boards for a while and run PSS/PSS9 kits have fixed this weakness by installing some washers.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,595 Posts
damn potpie man.. dat sox..
but nice come up on the type III:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts