BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the nice old man who owned my car before me. CHANGE YOUR F'ing SHOCK MOUNTS!

I should not need a damn torch or a press to change shock mounts. FTW!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That made me LOL hard.
Now that you say that I totally see it. Houston we have a problem. It would appear old people don't maintain their cars.

·
Registered
298 Posts
There are two schools of thought on maintainance. One only fix it when it breaks and two fix it before it breaks. Before a long trip I would always spend a day going over my family car and my wife asked why I waist the time. Our neighbor never does all that prep?. I promptly replied yes but we have never brocken down on a family vacation like they have. Pick your poison. The most important reason that we shoulld fix it before it breaks is that you want to maintian the BMW feel and handling.

·
Registered
760 Posts
:facepalm:

Shock mounts aren't regular maintenace on any vehicle I've ever heard of. In the fanatic world sure, but most people just drive their cars. I understand the frustration, but it seems ill directed. That would be reserved for things like the oil being the same for the whole life of the car.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
:facepalm:

Shock mounts aren't regular maintenace on any vehicle i've ever heard of. In the fanatic world sure, but most people just drive their cars. I understand the frustration, but it seems ill directed. That would be reserved for things like the oil being the same for the whole life of the car.
+1

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really just joking around. The guy I bought the car from is actually a really straight shooter. Honestly they where totally shot and making a lot of knocking noises when you hit bumps but he just might have been old and didn't hear it.

Hey at least now we know how they staged the moon landing.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I feel your pain. I can't get the wheels off because the tire guys put too much torque on the lugs. Now it seems the wheels have seized on to the hub. :censor: 250-300 ft/lbs is too freaking much to put on lugs. That's what it took to get the lugs off. Changing out sway bar end links are so much easier with a wheel out of the way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm really just joking around. The guy I bought the car from is actually a really straight shooter. Honestly they where totally shot and making a lot of knocking noises when you hit bumps but he just might have been old and didn't hear it.

Hey at least now we know how they staged the moon landing.
What's you mileage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts