BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a shifter play (2-3 cm from side to side) on my m3.
I would like to fix the problem with OEM parts.

Can anyone tell me which parts # from the image below i need to replace to suppress this play ? Only the real parts that are tired now and that are responsible of this horrible play; i don't want to replace all the parts.

Note : I would prefer to replace by performance parts.
Does anyone know a website selling a perf. full kit ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
contact jason or evan at tischer

i need to do this myself because my shifter is like a goddamn flaccid pippy

personally, i want to reduce my throw by a tad and tighten everything up, search under "bmw performace" at ww.getbmwparts.com
get the part number for the shift lever only

then replace basically 6-11

that should do it for ya

·
Registered
103,526 Posts
#2, #7, all the #10s, and #12 (includes #13 and #14). The parts aren't very expensive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many Thanks Guys for your feedback !
I ordered this morning the OEM parts as recommended above.

I'm going to order the shift lever at ww.getbmwparts.com

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Contact Patrick at BMWPartsSource.com ( [email protected] or [email protected]), I saw a thread where he was offering the entire kit and was noting $25 for all shipments out of the states...so see if he will sell on those few parts and ship out to you guys.

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
Most BMW shifters lose their like-new feeling after a few years. The culprit is the cheap rubber bushing that BMW installs in the shifter arm location. Each time you move the shift lever, the shift rod moves which creates slop in your shifter.

We have developed a direct fit, high strength Telfon bushing as a replacement. Made from virgin Teflon rod, these bushings contain no fillers or impurities, resulting in a longer lasting replacement piece. These bushings will remove all of the side to side slop from the shifter rod, improving even you stock shifter.

Also included is a new carrier pin, which needs replaced due to the metal on metal contact when your rubber bushing fails. This new carrier provides a smooth surface for the Teflon bushings.

Kit featuring the following components,
* 2 Teflon Bushing Inserts
* Carrier Pin

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

·
Your #1 BMW Part Source
1,136 Posts
Unfortunately Tischer does not ship overseas
We ship everywhere now. :) See our shipping policy for more info.

I'd recommend replacing w/ the bmw performance lever - 25117527259...or the custom kit we made w/ that lever, zhp knob, optional shift boot, and hardware on special here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just bought the teflon bushings from ecs and will be getting them installed this week. I also have a lot of movement in my shifter and will be more than happy to report back with my results.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think replacing all the rubber/plastic bushings and washers should do the trick, I can shift fine but I get a noticible rumble when my hand is on the shifter and there is considerable play in neutral.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Hi,

I have a shifter play (2-3 cm from side to side) on my m3.
I would like to fix the problem with OEM parts.

Can anyone tell me which parts # from the image below i need to replace to suppress this play ? Only the real parts that are tired now and that are responsible of this horrible play; i don't want to replace all the parts.

Note : I would prefer to replace by performance parts.
Does anyone know a website selling a perf. full kit ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards

#12 is especially important in reducing shifter slop.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey mate !!

I ordered most of all parts, BMW genuine !

And i still have the shifter play in neutral (and others gears too).

I ordered Teflon Shifter Bushing Kit from ECS, they told me that it should suppress totally the side to side play. i hope it's true, because it cost to me 200$ each time to change parts of the shifter

But i still did not received the pacakge yet, 3 weeks now i paid the order...

To be continued...

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
kensou,

Shoot me a PM with your order # so I can check to see its status.

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts