BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys when i drive on steptronic and shift gears above 4,000 RPM, it delays the change, yy, do i need to reset my tranny software, is there a such thing. tnx yall.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
d mode changes right away, but in step when i shift it just continues on the same gear then after 2.5 seconds it changes after I change the gear not automaticly. yy,

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is when im shifting, not the car itself when it reaches rev limit, it happens on every RPM over 4k.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
like ive noticed if i want to change the gear right away when over 4k i have to let go of the gas then shift so it shifts right away, but when i have my foot on the gas and trying to change the gear it lags and delays the shift.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, id rather know what the problem is then to take it to the mechanic and get to lied and charge thousands.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wow; my step acted this way in sport mode a couple thousand miles before complete failure. Hope it is not that issue for you.

How many miles on the vehicle and have you changed transmission fluid?

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I don't have this problem. But I do notice with my step, in manual mode its behavior changes alot. Like sometimes its really really peppy and torqy. Then sometimes it really lags (not like what your describing) Other times it feels like its a bit rough then really smooth/responsive later on. Also, I notice when I go through these changes, my engine sometimes sounds differnt along with them. Sometimes rougher, sometimes really smooth sounding.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya i will get an oil change but ill tell then to not empty out all of the old oil so that my gears dont slip, hope that helps.

·
Registered
916 Posts
lol, id rather know what the problem is then to take it to the mechanic and get to lied and charge thousands.
Sounds like you need to find a new mechanic...... or stop visiting the shop that hires 17 year olds from your high school mechanics course. Or the shops that are more focused on sales and gratuity. My mechanic is pretty much advertised by recommendation and doesnt have a pretty place with nice glass windows but does a GREAT job. Also, I forgot he has many cetifications through BMW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts