E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Sweet!!!

Reactions: The_Fixer

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For some reason the oil filter cap is seeping oil around the seems. Its pissing out. Changed the rubber o ring twice already. Never had an issue doing this on my N54. Same style cap and filter.

Ugh..... guess I'll try one of those aluminum ones.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well....I guess I should check before using n54 filters on an m54. They are different.... doesn't look different.... but I bet the o ring is fatter on the m54.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Cool. Let us know how it performs. Can this swap be done retaining the stock CCV system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So yes....I bought the correct oil filter and the o ring for the oil filter cap on the m54 is HUGE compared to the one on the n54. No wonder oil was pissing out. Geeze....I should know better to check first.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,145 Posts
So yes....I bought the correct oil filter and the o ring for the oil filter cap on the m54 is HUGE compared to the one on the n54. No wonder oil was pissing out. Geeze....I should know better to check first.
Huh? Two totally different filters and sizes. Hard to understand how you could confuse the two....
Maybe I missed your meaning?

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Huh? Two totally different filters and sizes. Hard to understand how you could confuse the two....
Maybe I missed your meaning?
The filters are very close. The o rings are same diameter. The thickness between them is significant.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HAHA, smoked out the shop! :ROFLMAO:
That smoking isn't letting off at all. The higher the rpm the more smoke billows out. It completely whites out half the block.

The thing smoked like that before the swap so I hope it's all just crap that was in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Sometimes it can take a half an hour after a full heat soak.
Gets scary at times.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Post 15 is bothersome. It should.... clear.
If it doesn't we'll chat on Monday when I get back to work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts