BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done this?? I was going to get my rear fenders rolled tomorrow because I rub just a little bit on harsh roads, big dips. The problem looks to be the rim offset since the edge of the tire is in align with the top of the fender. So when I dip down, the tire rubs...

There are two options to possibly correct this: Roll the fenders or machine shop shave down the back like 3mm to get the wheel to sit inside some...

I talked to a local shop that said rolling in my case won't help much, better to shave the back..Hmm?

·
Obey my dog
2,643 Posts
wouldn't that weaken the wheel? :dunno: i would definetly try rolling the fenders first. it fixed my rubbing problem...

·
Registered
904 Posts
NickACS said:
Has anyone here done this?? I was going to get my rear fenders rolled tomorrow because I rub just a little bit on harsh roads, big dips. The problem looks to be the rim offset since the edge of the tire is in align with the top of the fender. So when I dip down, the tire rubs...

There are two options to possibly correct this: Roll the fenders or machine shop shave down the back like 3mm to get the wheel to sit inside some...

I talked to a local shop that said rolling in my case won't help much, better to shave the back..Hmm?
What size rim/tire are you running in the back?
I have the same problem AFTER I had my fenders messed with.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have often wondered about this and one day I was at my dealer and ran into this guy that was running 19x10's BBS CH all around on his M3. Don't ask me why he had 10's on the front but he did and he boasted about it. Well I guess he had to have them milled down to get them to fit.

I don't think taking three mil. off would weaken the wheel, but I think it would also depend on the design of the wheel.

good luck let us know if you go through with it .

·
Registered
129 Posts
How would you ask a store to do this?
what kinda shop does this?
I'm trying to make 19" M3 rears (+26) fit my E46. How much should i shave off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts