BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all of us have keyless entry and probably factory alarm. does anyone use that keyhole on your door handle? mine's just getting dirty. Anyone tried shaving it or something?:dunno:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
I do appreacite how BMW eliminated the key hole on the passenger's side on the coupes! :thumbup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a sedan and there's no key hole on the passenger side either :confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anyone know if it would be possible to use the passenger side door handle on the drivers side door. Just an idea.

I do like the ability to roll up everything from the drivers door though. One hold that really drives me nuts is the rear trunk hole. I'd be really interested in getting rid of that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
carbonworks said:
You can get the European-spec passenger side door handle cap since they have RHD.
the UK is the only RHD country in Europe afaik...

but anyway its a good idea, look for RHD passenger door handles :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
got a question... after you fill up the key holes.... how do you unlock the car door or trunk if you disconnect the battery?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Can we access the trunk with a key? (I can't remember...) If so, and if you have fold-down rear seats, you'd be all set.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I also have locked my keys in the trunk on more than one occasion and relied on my little plastic key that I keep in my wallet to gain access into the car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I thought about getting rid of mine on my coupe until I went out to my car and it had a dead battery. If I didn't have the keyhole I would've had to go through my trunk. Something to consider. It's a new car and it was only sitting for four days when it died.

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
i prefer brazillian waxed key holes...

·
The De46vil's Army
20,207 Posts
you can get the cover off of the right hand drive BMW's in europe, i've only seen it done once. I use my key hole if i forget to close all the windows when i get out.

·
bored.
1,021 Posts
u dont need any of this europart mumbo jumbo. all you need is the key cover from the the rear driver side of an AMERICANSPEC sedan. yup, they have the same door handles. part should be around 10 bucks. i gave mine to bmw, and they painted it for free (cause they were painting another black car).

--soheil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts