BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ultimate Wagon
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am considering a "digital upgrade" on my 00 323iT5, kindda torn between POwerchip & Shark Injector. Hope someone can help.

1. So far Powerchip has provided quite some detail on the expected gains, but I have little info if this area on Shark, are they on par with each others?

2. has anyone did a dyno before / after Powerchip? did the numbers (HP & Torgue) close to advertised?

3. (same question as above but on Shark).

Shark is cheaper & I can restore to factory setting at will (as I may move to CA where Powerchip is currently "illegal" in CA), whereas Powerchip will require e-mail back & forth, and more $$. However if Powerchip does perform to what they say, I may not mind the hassle in e-mailing ...

Your input will be much appreciated! Tks.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have a 2000 323ci and also have the shark injector. Man.... I think this is the best bang for the buck for 323's that is out there. The Engine sounds alittle strange when you rev her to 7000 rpm but other than that I love it. You will feel a difference in power for sure and the best part is that you can change it back to stock if you want.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'd say Eurobahns chips have shown more power consistently via 3rd party dynos than anyone for the M3.

I plan to go that route once I'm around 18-20k on my engine.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
F360C said:
I have a 2000 323ci and also have the shark injector. Man.... I think this is the best bang for the buck for 323's that is out there. The Engine sounds alittle strange when you rev her to 7000 rpm but other than that I love it. You will feel a difference in power for sure and the best part is that you can change it back to stock if you want.
I also have th eShark on my 2000 323Ci and it is excellent. Better power throughout the rev range and far better throttle response at any speed.

Mine doesn't sound funny at 7000 rpm though. It sounds friggin' awesome! I also have the Conforti intake and Borla exhaust.

·
Registered
225 Posts
well im gona be getting a software chip ssoon too and im my decision will be the shark injector. i hope that helps you make ur decision... remember one thing though dont go for dinan software. ahha

·
Registered
482 Posts
Shark avilable for euro model of 330ci yet year 2003?

F360C said:
Shark avilable for euro model of 330ci yet year 2003?

·
Registered
596 Posts
the shark is not available for the 330 yet. i was supposed to be out a long time ago, but the release date keeps changing

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
Hmmm, maybe I'll have to take the plunge and get this.

How much is a battery charger?

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
F360C said:
The Engine sounds alittle strange when you rev her to 7000 rpm but other than that I love it.
Isn't that completely maxing out the RPMs???

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i will say this on this subject

if you have still a warrenty the best way to go is the shark injecter. because it takes 5 minutes to download the information into your car and 5 minutes to put it back in oem condition. so for that reason i got the shark over the other softwear for my m3.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
thais0n said:

Isn't that completely maxing out the RPMs???
Yep, 7000 rpm is the new rev limit you get when you install the shark injector. It not that it sounds weird at 7000 rpm more like it it sounds like the engine is getting a little frantic.

·
Ultimate Wagon
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all. Although not too big a surprise to notice most recommendations are leaning towards Shark, but am surprise that seems like no one uses PowerChip in the E46.

I, too, incline to go with Shark due to it's convenience, but only that PowerChip's documented gains are quite significantly more than Shark's.

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
Group buy!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a 328ci and I hear the shark does a considerable gain on my car. I was wondering does the shark injector effect fuel efficiency?? and also where is the best place to buy shark injector interms of price.
Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a 330ci 2001 and I want a shark. I am so tired of waiting.
And it has been 6 months since any new news has been released.

It was scheduled to be released after the e46 m3 chip. That was released over 3 months ago, yet still no word.

I want my shark!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts