BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys..

just put in my order for my shark to go along with the 4K worth of other things im adding to the car when she gets back from the body shop..

Any used this "power programer" from Bav auto? its under the performance software and looks very close to the shark and is priced about the same...dyno plots look close as well? could this be the same exact thing just renamed for bav auto?

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one..guess ill have to weasel info out of bav auto tomorrow

·
Like school on a Sunday...
794 Posts
Let us know if they're the same - I've always been curious :D
My guess is they are; too similar not to be. :dunno:

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's the same unit as the Shark

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,152 Posts
i have the shark

and i am very happy with the results i get from it. its like a
second sport button on my m3...
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
banker...did you talk to them about it? why dont they just call it the shark? any idea

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah...but for what reason? do we know?

i just looked at both dyno plots provided on turners and bavs site..same damn thing. What the hell is that...

·
I got nothin'
303 Posts
People buy from bavauto catalog and yet have never shopped for BMW parts on the web. Bavauto is simply tapping that part of the market that doesn't do business on-line and they're trying to make an extra $50 while they're at it.

It's called capitalism :D

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you may be able to find someone with one in the for sale section...other than that, I believe that Turner Motorsports was a shark distributor.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
you may be able to find someone with one in the for sale section...other than that, I believe that Turner Motorsports was a shark distributor.
i doubt you can find one on here, unless the seller never used it. they are tied to the car once installed. cant be used on any other car. and yes, turner makes the shark.

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
exactly..just never stated it. The programmer is tied to an ECU serial number and as such, it is impossible to use once installed on another car.

Maybe there is someone who has it and went another route and never installed theirs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts