BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating on the order to do mods, as of course, funds are limited:)

I really would like to install a UUC TSE first, since that's a big personal gratification mod....might not be any faster, but it *has* to sound better than the silent 328 exhaust.

2nd I am thinking of Sharking the car with JimC software, maybe a couple months later.

Lastly, many months down the road (8 or 9), a CAI might be in the works.

Just wondering if this is a logical progression of events, and if running the JimC software with an exhaust but w/o the CAI is detrimental or just plain stupid.......

This is on my '00 328i 5 speed.

Thanks! Ben

·
Party Times!
1,799 Posts
What exactly does the shark do and when is it supposed to be availible for e46's? Like what kind of performance gains...

·
needs a new sig...
4,876 Posts
SHARK!...you will feel the gains..and with the higher rev limit there is more power for longer!

4,239 Posts
The technical "really, I'm not just saying this to sell product" answer is: start at the back of the car and work your way forward. That's standard hot rodder practice.

Think of it this way; all your engine really does is pump air. No matter what you do to make it suck air in better, or electronically deal with it once it is in, it still has to push it out. If there is a blockage out, nothing is coming in much better.

- Rob

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,257 Posts
I love my UUC TSE... and with the new tips, the TSE is even sweeter now!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
here's your answer

hey ben
I got the shark last week and wrote up a review of it last week do a search for 328skidpad and you will find the review. Several members told me that the TSE will give me about 8 more horses.

also the shark has given me 2 more miles per gallon now with 93 octane of course.

morning fanatics.
i installed the shark last night and must say that I am very happy. as soon as I pulled out of my garage slowly at about 2K in first gear I noticed how sensitive the pedal was. I also noticed that the engine was feeling smoother and more air was coming in/out the engine.

DRIVING
i drove the car for about 15 miles slowly and didnt go over 2500rpm so my car would get used to the intake and shark. then I "punched" the gas in third gear going 50mph at about 2500 rpm and the car just flew. It almost felt like I was in second gear. 4th gear almost feels like third gear and third almost feels like 2nd.

BIG BONUS
I used to shift at 5200-5400 rpms because the car would lose power,but now the car shows power all the way to 6000 rpm and it feels amazing. overall it feels like I have a new car.

I can also feel that the intake is definitely sucking in more air because of the shark. when I start the car and rev the engine it sounds different and seems like I have a bigger engine in the car. Also, the intake is definitely taking in more air due to the reprogrammed ECU.

this morning driving to work (12 miles) the car felt even faster than last night, seems like the car is still getting used to my ecis intake.

0-60
i can definitely tell that there is about 15-18 more hp and 20-24 more bhp torque. as for 0-60 i am guessing about .3-.4 seconds faster

UP HILLS/turns
Due to more torque the car tackels hills with ease, hills that typically require the car to be in second gear at 4000k rpms can now be ascended in third gear at 2500 with ease.

Also at Stop signs when entering a turn, the DSC light is coming on a lot more due to the increased power.

2nd gear is beautiful when starting from a stop, I would have to rev the engine to 2200K to start, now I can start from second gear at 1600K.

RECOMMENDATION
After I installed my ECIS two days ago I was not really impressed, of course the engine was smoother and I got a little more power, but with the shark the car was definitely transformed into a true bmw. I definitely recommend the shark if you have a intake. As for people who have installed the shark and have had no increases, i am guessing they had no luck because they did'nt have a heat shield on their car and/or it was over 80 degrees outside. I have never raced cars, but I will definitely not hesitate if anyone challenges me now.

VALUE
I bought the shark from Turner Motorsports and the service was excellent.It took three days for the shark to reach my house after I called them. $350 included shipping and because I am definitely going to keep my car for 3 more years, the shark was an excellent value that will put a lot of smiles on my face ever shift I make.

BEWARE
The shark along with the ECIS intake will definitely make the car more enjoyable and faster. But the chances of getting a ticket is much greater now because the car feels soo much smoother and I dont even realize how fast I am going. I hit 80mph this morning on a 35mph backroad thinking I was just accelerating to 65mph.

After all the research I have done regarding intakes, and the ecu upgrades, I am very happy with this upgrade and definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a new "feel". Remember $350 is nothing compared to the 30-40K we have put down for our cars.
2000 328I

UUC SWAYS HERE I COME.
PM/EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob and everyone else who replied;

Thanks greatly for the info, I will be doing the exhaust first as A) it will sound better, B) Be lighter, and C) help let the engine pass exhaust gasses (couldn't resist) easier:)

Then, I'll be doing the Shark and CAI.......sounds like with these 3 mods, the car will be much different to drive!!

Thanks again to all.

Ben

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
Ben328iSP said:
Rob and everyone else who replied;

Thanks greatly for the info, I will be doing the exhaust first as A) it will sound better, B) Be lighter, and C) help let the engine pass exhaust gasses (couldn't resist) easier:)

Then, I'll be doing the Shark and CAI.......sounds like with these 3 mods, the car will be much different to drive!!

Thanks again to all.

Ben
good choice

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
g2go1818 said:
When did this become availible for e46's....or is it?
I assume u are talking about the Shark Injector, if so, it's been out for the 323's and 328's for sometime now, it's still not out for the 325's or 330's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts