BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in California, and I was wondering if I installed Shark Injector software into my 330, will I still be able to pass all the checks that our cars have to undergo here? It says on a couple sites that the Shark Injector is not CARB legal in california, and that it is illegal to use it as well only in California. Is it even worth putting one in? I mean I have other mods but I have read that it really wont do much for me. Thanks I really appreciate it....Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You have to check the emissions charts for this, the company should have them. Other than that, assuming these don't check the engine light - that's an automatic fail for OBDII

·
Registered
15,210 Posts
haha that sucks. i'm so glad i don't live in california.

lucky for you, the shark injector can just be 'unflashed' and 'reflashed' - that's one of its coolest features. as far as i know, it's just a button and a light. once you press the button, it reflashes the stock computer with the shark program and the light turns green. to take it off, plug it back in and press the button again, light turns red, back to stock.

i'm 95% sure on this. do some research before buying though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts