BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
i would say its more of a Tiger Shark kind of injection, dont be fooled into thinking its Great White material or anything :D

really tho, for 323/328 its probly the best out there. i am waiting for it to come out for 325, but not holding my breath.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
It is an excellent product, especially if you have a 323. I have it on mine and it was worth every penny.

Be aware it is only for 323, 328, and M3 at the moment. If you have a 325 or 330 you are out of luck.

·
Senior Registered User
934 Posts
i have a 323i e46-- does it really make a difference?? what kind of horse power gains? What is the best "shark" brand to get (is there only 1 kind?). How will it respond with a Gruppe M intake that i am soon to get?? :dunno:

·
Registered
402 Posts
dan330 said:

your car is a e46 2000 328, so the square one.

I am still waiting. :banghead: :banghead: :cry:
actually.. its the round one

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
AMG EATER said:
i have a 323i e46-- does it really make a difference?? what kind of horse power gains? What is the best "shark" brand to get (is there only 1 kind?). How will it respond with a Gruppe M intake that i am soon to get?? :dunno:
Yes, it makes a difference - especially if you have an intake, and especiallly on a 323. With the Shark and intake, you will see a peak gain of maybe 11-15 hp - BUT - the fun is that at other points on the power curve you will pick up over 20 hp. The software and intake combo transforms the way a 323 drives, I guarantee you will like it.

Shark is the brand name for Bonneville Motor Werkes' software upgrade. The software was written by Jim Conforti, who is a widely acknowledged engine control software guru.

For those wondering if you need a square or round one - if your car has a round diagnostics port near the firewall on the passenger side, then you need the round one. If you don't have the round diagnostics port, then you need the square one. The round diagnostic port is covered with a screw-on cap and is about 2-1/2 inches in diameter.

Good places to buy the Shark software are Eurosport or Turner Motorsport . The lowest price I've seen is $349.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts