BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any idea when they are going to start selling these? I have called Turner multiple times and they won't tell me anything!!!

Attachments

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
:confused: You bastard. The title of your post is misleading. I thought you had some breaking news. Somebody ban this man.

;) j/k

·
Registered
38 Posts
Damn, I was just about drooling too. Heh, I was even more excited because I noticed there was a pic in the thread. Oh well, it'll be ready when it's ready. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I agreed not to repeat what I was told but here is the status quo

SOON!

Yeah I know it sucks. I also hear it will be well worth the wait. But who knows, I've been waiting myself. The more I wait, the less money I have to actually buy the damn thing. It will probably get released and I won't have the money for it for another six months because I keep spending it on other stuff.

The word from Jim Conforti himself posted on e46fanatics is that he is waiting on parts? I indicated to someone else to remind him that he said that a year ago?:dunno:

SO..... either it is: SOON!!!!!!! or it's: VAPORWARE!!!!!!!

Hey jAb I predicted it would be here when the next 3 series comes out! :lmao:

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
Re: I agreed not to repeat what I was told but here is the status quo

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
SOON!

Yeah I know it sucks. I also hear it will be well worth the wait. But who knows, I've been waiting myself. The more I wait, the less money I have to actually buy the damn thing. It will probably get released and I won't have the money for it for another six months because I keep spending it on other stuff.

The word from Jim Conforti himself posted on e46fanatics is that he is waiting on parts? I indicated to someone else to remind him that he said that a year ago?:dunno:

SO..... either it is: SOON!!!!!!! or it's: VAPORWARE!!!!!!!

Hey jAb I predicted it would be here when the next 3 series comes out! :lmao:
Sadly, I vote the outcome will be VAPORWARE. :tsk:

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,414 Posts
I really don't understand what the fuss is about. It look a really long time to come out for 323s and 328s. What makes it any different for the new cars?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
The fuss is that rice rocket chips take about a year of development. Also people are

Anxious. Dinan didn't take that long but Im sure they have more than one person working on their chip and look at the result, almost nothing! Also if Jim's chip will outperform Dinan, I will take his in a heartbeat if the price is in reach. Plus the Conforti chip is plug and play and easily removable. Like most people, this is the most appealing part unlike Dinan. Also you don't know if the dealer wiped out your software or not when you take it in for service. With Conforti, you can just flash your chip again, no worries.

The only thing I wish is that Jim also had Step tranny software to!

David328Ci said:
I really don't understand what the fuss is about. It look a really long time to come out for 323s and 328s. What makes it any different for the new cars?

·
Banned
988 Posts
I think I have come to the realization that it is never going to come out:sad: Everyone got excited because the rumor was that it was definitely going to be released this summer and that passed without the software being released. I have been waiting forever, hoping for it. I think I might have to start looking in to alternatives.:banghead:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
...The only thing I wish is that Jim also had Step tranny software to!
Are you sure he doesn't? I'm curious b/c if the shifting points weren't raised on the Step software then the raised engine redline is useless.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Hmm good point

Hmm well what does Dinan do then? They don't tweak the tranny when you buy their chip, they just raise the RPM?

The final drive ratio is not changed, they are just raising the RPM to a higher but safe limit. The ECU does send signals to the tranny but the tranny chip is what contains and sets the driving profiles and correct gear ratios but receives RPM and speed info from ECU. So basically the chip without the tranny will allow you to extend the RPM in a given gear but doesn't translate to changing the ratio. Basically letting the RPM band reach a natural limit but your shift points will change possibly preventing you from reaching the higher redline in some gears. This is what I experienced with the MAF mod.

For instance the Z4 uses the same transmission as in the e46 but does 0-60 in .1 seconds slower than a manual unlike the current e46 which is 1 second slower. It's all in the timing. The current tranny adds lag to smooth shifting with a little slippage where as the Z4 does hard shifting. The engine output for the z4 and the e46 are the same.

Jspeed said:

Are you sure he doesn't? I'm curious b/c if the shifting points weren't raised on the Step software then the raised engine redline is useless.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I had a brief email chat with WIll Turner pres of Turner Motorsports

He basically said and I quote:

"were still waiting :)

-Will"

Hmm is that vapor rising I see :dunno:

Well I can say that if the Shark isn't coming out, I will be testing this intake for everyone since nobody in the US seems to have one. I'm working with the supplier and distributor to try to get a test model::thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts