E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
whats so great about this stupid thing. doesnt it cost like in the 200-300 range? why dont you guys just screw the shark and just get the damn dinan download, same price and its good for bmws. just my .02 :dunno:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dalton,

The difference is that there is no hp and torque gain from the dinan software! The conforti shark injector gives you both and works with your existing mods. I am waiting patiently for this to come out!!!:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Also, Dinan dealers are restricted from selling Dinan stage II software unless you have a Dinan intake.

I understand that this is a soft rule but none-the-less a Dinan rule.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
:lmao: I must say that you guys gave me a good laugh by reading this thread. To your credit though you have very positive outlooks.
slappy said:
Dalton,

The difference is that there is no hp and torque gain from the dinan software! The conforti shark injector gives you both and works with your existing mods. I am waiting patiently for this to come out!!!:)
Jim hasn't shown that his software has provided any hp or torque gains either. The shark for the 323/328 did but then again so did the dinan software. This programming has supposedly been done for almost a year and yet he's released absolutly no deatail on it. I'm thinking you're going to be patiently waiting for a long time.

JesseM said:
word on the street is the shark is going to be out by July...
Word on the street has been approx. a month for about the past 2 years. If it is really coming out then awesome. I'm just having trouble believing all these delays are because of a little peice of plastic and hoping that once/if people finially get this it's not just the equivialent of dinan software in a shark.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got this email...what do you guys think? Maybe we can do a group buy?

Joshua,

We do offer both the ecu upgrade and intake for your car. The ecu upgrade is good for a 12 hp at the wheel increase, better throttle response, rpm limiter is raised 300 rpm and the top speed governor is removed. We are currently running a special through the end of March, 10% ecu upgrades and free installation. The ecu upgrade is $495, so you would be saving about $50 plus cost of installation. If you want to set up an appointment to get either part installed please call 703.323.6000. Look forward to hearing from you.

Jeff Nanfelt
Sales Associate/Web Designer/Marketing
Autothority Performance Engineering, Inc.
www.Autothority.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yeah, I've been very interested in their software but no one that I know of on the board has it and I don't know that I'm adventurous to be the 1st just yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We should find out who is interested and I'd be happy to be the guinea pig since he is only 35 mins from my house. I emailed them about a group buy to see what they would do. I'd like to see some dyno's for our cars though.

Joshua

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
5,358 Posts
actually Roose has it and has had it for a long time... (autothority not the Shark)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts