E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I know the Xm radio antennas are like that..

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
VtT said:
Anyone know where I can get the shark fin kinda look like to replace the antenna? I think it kinda look cool...
You can get the shark fin antenna from BMW. Call Pacific, Circle or Cutter BMW and they will sell it to you. Simply ask for the shark fin antenna. Here are the phone numbers to the dealers:

Pacific BMW (California)
800 909-PART (7278)

Cutter Motors BMW (California)
800 676-1595

Circle BMW (New Jersey)
877 859-3123
732 741-1184

:)

·
Über-Geek
860 Posts
Speed said:

I don't like any antennas.
I completely agree there.. i wanna get an XM add on .. and i've read on the net somewhere that you can place the xm antenna on the rear deck lid like where the middle child seat retainer is and it'll work.. but the #1 audio shop here on LI wouldn't install it there and i really don't wanna try and install an xm DIY style.. and i refuse to put anything on my whip that will ruin the smooth lines

·
Driver
89 Posts
Spiral Prophet said:
i wanna get an XM add on .. but i refuse to put anything on my whip that will ruin the smooth lines
I gotta agree right back with ya! there are many products, such as various scanners and comm systems, as well as XM and Sirius satellite radio that would be great, except for the external antennas.

in this case, I've decided that I would use a Kenwood Music Keg or Phatnoise Phatbox for my ugly-free solution. good luck with yours! :thumbup:

·
Über-Geek
860 Posts
I really wanna try mounting the system with the antenna inside on the rear deck lid.. but its about a 370 dollar investment in the rf modulator and xm reciever and antenna and the interface etc.. which is a lil pricey ever since i was laid off.. LOL

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,504 Posts
soup :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts