E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm surprised that in all the CAI talk around here, I didn't hear much about this one. Especially considering whos making it.

Bart

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
It's a solid performer

I could make a strong case that Jim's intake is similar to the Jim Wolf pop charger but it is coincidence I'm sure. The intake comparison has been done many times over, you just have to search. The Jim C. intake is unique different in the fact that it has two elements that put it higher in overall performance:

1. A superior foam filter element. Not only does it filter more dirt, but it also performs better.

2. A large wide mouth velocity stack. The velocity stack in a short ram intake like this is what makes a intake perform. What is a velocity stack you say? well look at the picture, it is the silver part that connects to the filter. The bell mouthed opening at the intake tube helps to smooth airflow as it enters the intake tube. Without this, the air entering the tube would be turbulant and performance would suffer. The size and shape of the velocity stack is important to determining performance.

I don't think you hear alot about the Jim C. intake because of it's cost. Most would rather go GruppeM.

The Rock said:
I'm surprised that in all the CAI talk around here, I didn't hear much about this one. Especially considering whos making it.

Bart

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the good info man! I actually did search first, but obviously not on the correct words. :) Expensive little toy.

Bart

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just installed the new carbon fiber shark cai last week. I like the oem look and the hp gains are a plus. It's actually on sale ($50.00 off reg price).

Only problem I had was getting the heat shield in place. It really is custom fit with no tolerance.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
:thumbup: I have both the Conforti CAI and Shark Injector. I installed the CAI first and then took the car out. Came back and installed the Shark Injector and noticed an immediate difference. Improvements continued to increase over the first few tanks of fuel as the new softwre maps fine tuned.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It's simply the good old Conforti intake w/ a new carbon fiber pipe. Here are some pre-CF pictures.

E36 model w/ CF...

·
Registered
115 Posts
was wondering if this intake is better with a K&N filter? does it even fit a k&n filter?...if so what type would you purchase...thanks!

i have a 325ci...will this fit with bixenon?

steve:thumbup:

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
stevo629 said:
was wondering if this intake is better with a K&N filter?
Yes

stevo629 said:
does it even fit a k&n filter?
Yes

stevo629 said:

...if so what type would you purchase...thanks!
ITG Filter like the one on the Conforti CAI. Its better than K&N.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.