E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 330xi 6speed with 95k miles on it when i am accelerating you can feel a slight shaking feeling its more noticable at lower speeds/rpm.... any thoughts??

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yea man, more info please. Is it whole car? Steering wheel?...etc.
I'd say most common cause of "shaking" is engine mounts need be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like the whole car. But Only when accelerating and kinda feels like its not as powerful as it should and does t seem like I'm getting very good gas mileage

·
Registered
223 Posts
Still pretty much impossible to diagnose with that amount of info. I guess more questions is was this something that gradually got worse or was a sudden onset? Does it pull right or left when brake? Is CEL on?... I know a somewhat sudden onset of shaking and bad performance and pulling when braking, could be, like I had a few weeks ago, a stuck caliper.

Should just take it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got nothing from this "DIY"... Where are the pics?

But anyways, if it is driveline related (don't know without more info), my guess would be a CV joint on one of your front halfshafts is going, or one of your universal joints on one of your main driveshafts is starting to bind slightly. A vibration/shaking under load at lower speeds is the 1st symptom of these kinda issues. Both are expensive, but the driveshaft u-joint issue is by far the more expensive/pain in the nuts ordeal.

If you want more better help, try moving this thread to the 'general' forum where the experienced people will be more willing to help ya out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Simple check - TIRES

Check your tires - be honest, have you put off replacing low thread tires? if so, this can and has caused steering wheel shake.

I put off replacing mine till I was able to replace all 4 at once with Continental Tires ExtremeContact DWS from TireRack. I thought I had worn suspension and steering components but after the new tires the car felt like new when I left Mr. Tire.

Next check the condition of the rubber mounts as others suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts