E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going 70mph+/-, SES light came on(yellow). I stopped checked oil etc...reset the ECU, lights still on. The nearest dealership is roughly 110 miles away. Can I go to like auto zone or o'reilly for them to read the fault code or whatever?

The light came on at roughly 47,111 miles

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,051 Posts
vaio76109 said:
Just going 70mph+/-, SES light came on(yellow). I stopped checked oil etc...reset the ECU, lights still on. The nearest dealership is roughly 110 miles away. Can I go to like auto zone or o'reilly for them to read the fault code or whatever?

The light came on at roughly 47,111 miles
Go to Auto Zone, they can check the code. Mine came on and it was my gas cap. Took a couple days for it to turn back off. No problems.

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PO171 and PO174...something about being lean and possibly being O2 sensor related.

Could it be due to my conforti intake or MAF(the cord is pulled tight)?

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bump: Does my car know when my inspection is due? Cause i just noticed my inspection was due october and the light came on october 31...coincidence?

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I stopped today at steak and shake, went inside, took a piss, came back out, started car, and now the light is off :woot:

Kinda odd, it was on for almost exactly a week minus a few hours :hmm:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts