E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Combo thread :D

OK, so last night, in a completely uneventful way, my SES light comes on. The car's running perfectly (even this morning)... what could it be? I re-did the gas cap (don't think it was that, but we'll see). Would the O2 sensor cause that to happen while not visibly affecting performance?

I have an appt. for next Thursday, just in case.

On that topic, what's a good ODBII reader for the Palm? I got the one from http://store.yahoo.com/obdmeter/info.html, and it absolutely sucks. It doesn't connect (tried it on my car, my friend's Volvo and Honda), I had to re-solder a lead, and the stupid case fell apart on me while IN the OBDII port (so I had to re-hot-glue, doing a better job than the factory).

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
naesb81 said:
I have the same meter it works great. Are you sure you bought the right one? The one you need is for Model I.
Positive -- I've already exchanged it once. It plugs in, but there's no info going to the Palm. On all three cars it does the same thing (times out).

What Palm do you have? Also, what serial cable didja use/get?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts