BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so tonight I was alittle bored so I decided to take the whip out and give her a little run. So i warm up my car as i always do before pushing her. So after she is all warmed up I take her for pretty fast around a nice big corner and when slowing down after the corner my service engine light comes on. What the Fu*K??? I slow down and pull over right away and there seems to be nothing wrong with my car. The engine runs as smooth as the day I got it and there seems to be no drop off in performance. Can any of you Fanatics please give me soom insight as to what might be wrong??? I am so scared for my baby

Oh and by the way.... I checked the gas cap and it seemed to be tight.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am takin it to the dealership for sure but it is saturday night and the dealership is not open until monday. i can't wait to find out whats wrong with her but I guess I am going to have to...:sad:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
it could be anything. A small change in air fuel ratio, in this case, maybe in air density can cause that. Ur porbably sweating at nothing. Bring it back to the dealer and have them check it out. The light might go out all by it self too.

·
Loves cookies
1,879 Posts
From now til Monday just take it easy and dont rev it to high(More than 4500rpm) it might not be nothing serious but it could turn into something worst. So just take it easy and cool off like the other fanatic said it might be something small.

·
Banned
684 Posts
#1 false check engine light for E39's is the gas cap being loose, and it may be the same for E46's. If there is a loss of pressure it will throw a CEL.

-Dan

·
ASA NO MO
2,228 Posts
I get a SES light everytime I push the car real hard, it goes away after a day or two. I bet its what lilherc79 said, air fuel ratio ....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
take out your intake when taking it to the dealer. they just might blame the fault code on the CAI

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
All I got to say is that I LOVE this web site. I feel so much better now after hearing what all you guys had to say. Thank you so much Fanatics!!!!! :thumbup:

Oh and kashif.... thanks for the advice. I am going to remove the intake just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
405 Posts
my engine management light came on today too. then later on after several starts in my garage, it went away. :dunno: haven't driven around in yet though. :eek: i hope their nothing wrong. no symtoms that i'm aware off. :eek:

:sad:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
EML light refers to the entire vacumm system of the car. If lose vacumm pressure at any part, EML will come on and your car will run on reduced power. It can be scary driving you car with the EML/reduce power. If you get that light, you should have your dealer check it. But if they cant reproduce the problem, there is nothing they can do anyway.

Happened to me once, all i did was restart my car, and the light went away.

THe other time was after my ASA installation, and that was due to a hose that had come lose. That was a 2 hour DIY fix. But it took care of the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts