BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys... I just turned 40,000 miles. I have 5,000 + miles until my next service interval. As I was driving home from work last night (low RPMs, not driving hard at all)... the service engine soon light came on.

Any suggestions? Any possibilities of what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Man B, you sound like a newbie. You know it could be almost anything, to something minor to something major. I think your defroster was overworked from hot boxxing?:D :dunno: :lmao:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,513 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Perhaps it's time for the service. =)

·
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn it... I am a newbie to service engine soon lights coming on my dash!!! :banghead:

no-one has easy suggestions I can check?!?

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,083 Posts
Its likely the Exhaust Cam sensor...

They should cover it under warranty.

The same thing happened to me a month ago...took them 30mins to replace. :D

·
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok... guess I'll have to take her in for service... need horn fixed under warranty as well. Anything else I should have them replace under warranty as I only have 10k left?!?

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,083 Posts
B said:
ok... guess I'll have to take her in for service... need horn fixed under warranty as well. Anything else I should have them replace under warranty as I only have 10k left?!?

Have them check your front control arm bushings and door seals.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,513 Posts
Front control arm bushings....it may literally cost you an arm in the future (hopefully it won't come to that).

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
B i think its your ACS front spoiler -- I would suggest taking it off before bringing in for service if you want it covered under warranty... yeah this would probably happen if you came to westchester bmw in white plains...

but B it could be anything, maybe you left your gas cap loose while pumping gas... just let them check the car and reset it, no sweat bro.... i would take out the intake though

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
maybe u triggered the seat belt sensor while doing it B style :dunno:

·
The Man you Love to Hate
259 Posts
Service it you fool !! :D

·
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I read the Bentley manual... says it's something with a sensor that is screwing up the Emissions. It's fine to drive, but get it looked at to keep emissions down. Which I will totally do ASAP cause I'm a hippie and I hate ruining the enviroment! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts