E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a question...my '03 325Ci Coupe has 1300 miles on it and is 2 mos old. I kind of regret not getting the 330ci and I am thinking of selling my car. The car has Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats and MT.

What do you think I should do? Do you think I should go back to the dealer and try and make a deal on a 330 or just keep the car for the 3 yr lease? If I sell now, I can make back what I put out and plunk it down on a 330ci.

I would have not even considered this if I had gotten the OEM xenons and the HK upgrade....but I was a bit impatient.

Josh
DC/Metro area

·
Bimmerless
1,551 Posts
Go find out exactly how much you gonna lose for even driving the car off the lot. Its gonna depend on your salesman. he might even like it, since he is gonna get to sell you another car. Dealerships usually dont frown upon lease returns as long as you pick up something else. But get the exact #s on paper and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it at Sterling BMW...there are just a few pet peeves about it that are making me think of swapping to another BMW. People must think I am crazy!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Why dont you get Xenon and drop a few grands on a aftermarket audio system that would make the H/K sounds like it came off of a Geo Metro. Seems like you would be completely happy with your car if you got those 2 options.

I would have not even considered this if I had gotten the OEM xenons and the HK upgrade....but I was a bit impatient.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Tell the dealer you'll buy an M3 if they offer you a good price on your 325. They will most likely sell it to someone else as a demo, and not lose much money..

·
Registered
346 Posts
see if there will be a Early Termination Fee (Lease).....it happen to me with my 01 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ. they where going to charge me $2700 since the car is only 6mo old. i eneded up just paying it in full and the traded it in after. :dunno: it won't hurt to ask! :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
i'd do some aftermarket stereo work, and some engine bolt ons. GuppeM, dinan TB, dinan stage 3 software and exhaust will make your car feel a lot quicker, sportier.

wish i had the $ for that, an sc, or an upgrade to 330 :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
simsima325 said:
i'd do some aftermarket stereo work, and some engine bolt ons. GuppeM, dinan TB, dinan stage 3 software and exhaust will make your car feel a lot quicker, sportier.
To a LEASE car ??? :tsk:

·
Registered
874 Posts
habanero69 said:

To a LEASE car ??? :tsk:
Actually lots of people mod leased cars. You can do it if you don't go tooo crazy and as long as you keep all of the OEM parts. A friend of mine leased an A4 2.8 Quattro and did coilovers/wheels/and various bolt on mods---and when he turned it in, just took off the mods, sold them and put the car back to stock.

I wouldn't think of ever leasing a car if I wanted to mod it...but it is done often!

·
Registered
874 Posts
sza187 said:
is there sales tax on a lease? if so youll have to pay sales tax over again?
This varies from state to state, but they do give you a break from the sales tax on a leased car---in that the sales tax is broken up into the car payment vs having to pay a lump sum. Again, this varies from state to state.

I got lucky and avoided sales tax altogether on the 328Ci! :) In Nebraska, you don't pay sales tax until you pick up the license plates---but I didn't register the car in Nebraska, I registered it in Georgia-and they didn't charge me the sales tax since I didn't buy the car in the state.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts