BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend informed me that he will be selling his M3 probably within this month. He is a fanatic (M3RILL). He has an 01 Leguna Seca/ Gray M3 with 28K miles on it. I just got my 04 330ci in June. It has a little over 6k on it. The M3 is a very well maintained car, first M3 in the states I believe. I'm not sure if I want an older model car than I already have. His car is so nicely modded as well. I want to see what you guys think about it. I'm not really sure about it yet but I want to hear some feedback.

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good points...I have so many plans for the 330 too. I have only had this car like 4 months. By hopefully next summer, it will be real sick but I dont know what to do. I probably wont sell it though...

·
Registered
589 Posts
First, I wouldn't do it because you just have a new car. But, if he sells you at a price that you won't lose on selling your car, then I might think about it.

Second, I don't like that his car is already fixed up. It just doesn't feel like it's a direct extension of you.

So, Nooooo......

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i say if you did not get your car to go for it

but now it doesn't make any sence to to it now. you would lose to much if you sold your car now. have fun with your 330 now mod. it up. and then get a 2 yr m4 or m3 in a few years. i think you would be happy all around if you do what i just said.
very time comes.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can only imagine how tempting this may be for you, but for the most part, the other fanatics are right.

You will lose too much money. The 330 is new, fresh and you have an opportunity to spend like 12-24 months with it modding it to be a reflection of you!~

You can always sell and get an older M3.. why not wait 2 years and get an 04 M3 2nd hand?
It'd be the same as if you did it now, but you would get a newer model M3 and still enjoy the 330 for a while.

Didnt M3RILL just pump more money into his car with mods? lightening lamps? .. If he is so keen to sell, why is he doing this?

Not to mention the fun you could have with your 330 with $5k of mods.. :thumbup:

·
Help me Help you!
959 Posts
kev330cisport said:
Stick with the 330 bro, you are better off, enjoy the 330, and wait for the M4.....
werd wait for the v8 if ur switching.
depreciation is the worse in the first few yrs so you
will take a huge hit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts