BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dying to buy an M3. I know I want an '04 with the LED tails, relatively low mileage (20-30k miles). Most 04's I've found for sale go for $38-$40K. I should be able to get about $30K out of my 2005 325ci.

How can I justify spending $9k to my fiance??? The car will certainly hold more value, etc., right??

What have you guys told your significant others???

Thanks for any insight!

·
Banned
4,091 Posts
I'm dying to buy an M3. I know I want an '04 with the LED tails, relatively low mileage (20-30k miles). Most 04's I've found for sale go for $38-$40K. I should be able to get about $30K out of my 2005 325ci.

How can I justify spending $9k to my fiance??? The car will certainly hold more value, etc., right??

Thanks for any insight!
You can always get an older model for around $30k and buy LED tails for a few hundred dollars? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
M3s are great and i think itd be perfectly fine if you spend 9k on a car you REALLY want. Your still going to have warranty and everything so theres nothing to worry aobut *if you can afford it* IMHO. What i would do if i were you is get rid if your 325ci fast before the prices drop even more :dunno: Good luck with everything but dont ruin your relationship over it :craig: :hi:

·
Loves cookies
1,879 Posts
$30k for a 2005 325ci? Yeah right i dont think 330s for that year are going for that much. Unless you were able to sucker someone into buying it for that much i would look for a slightly older M3.

·
Banned
6,698 Posts

Thanks for any insight!
It doesn't hold more value, it loses it less quickly.

Make sure it's CPO, or you may be looking at spending more than just 9k when it comes to maintenance.

In addition, you can forget about getting $30,000 for your car :rofl:

Try low 20's for a trade in.

·
Registered
851 Posts
yeah...but it would probably have more miles.

i'd like a car with low miles...more time under warrantee...
Don't stretch yourself over a car, if you have the means, own a home and have $ to fall back on then sure go ahead and do it.

If you're just getting by and want "more warranty" just because you will not be able to afford to fix it then hold off a little longer.

Also remember that M3's cost a bit more to insure (usually) and to maintain.

Why not an older model w/ a CPO?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what else typcially "goes wrong' with an m3 over a 325 or 330?? big maintenance items? examples? i doubt i'll hardly ever drive this car as hard as many say it's "meant to be driven".

better to make this swap now or wait until the spring when we're approaching yet another year model??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay i'm dying to know and i can't figure it out. what the heck does FTW mean? i've been acting like i know for about 4 mths now, hah.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
okay i'm dying to know and i can't figure it out. what the heck does FTW mean? i've been acting like i know for about 4 mths now, hah.
For the win. Google it for more backstory if the phrase itself doesn't ring a bell.

Also, I'd look into trading the fiance in for a different model if you have to "justify" any of your purchases to her. Your money (I'm assuming,) your car, get what makes you happy. She should just be along for the ride...literally and figuratively.

·
.....loves BOOBS!!!
442 Posts
Also, I'd look into trading the fiance in for a different model if you have to "justify" any of your purchases to her..
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Banned
924 Posts
Do it and tell her it will make you happy just like she does

·
Registered
21,360 Posts
id take that 9K and stage 2 SC the 325, but thats just cause i love modding :D

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
$30k for a 2005 325ci? Yeah right i dont think 330s for that year are going for that much. Unless you were able to sucker someone into buying it for that much i would look for a slightly older M3.
:idea: That's the first thing I noticed about his post. ;)

IMO if you're really interested in an M3 then nothing less will suffice. You could look into purchasing an older model to save some cash. Get one of those aftermarket warranties (I don't really know much about them though) and you'll be golden. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts