BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sedans Come With Adaptive BrakeLights!!!

I didn't realize this until I was browsing through my manual yesterday that sedans have adaptive brake lights for 2003+! I had no idea...I thought it was only for coupes....If you don't believe me, look on page 90 (I think) or just find adaptive brakes in the index! Im shocked!:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

P.S. Am I the only one that didn't know this?!:dunno:

·
Big in Japan
1,359 Posts
manual isnt always correct; at least its written in somewhat understandable english now (you should have seen my E36 manual)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the manual is correct, otherwise that would be false advertisement and all that hooblah....the adaptive lights come on when abs is engaged.

·
Registered
843 Posts
sedans dont have led's...

"BMW has homologated its novel brake lights that glow brighter the harder you brake. Although the technology has existed for a couple of years, Brussels red tape has outlawed such devices until now.

Called Brake Force Display, it will be fitted as standard on 5-, 6- and 7-series models in the next few months, followed by Z4, X5 and the rest of the range.

Many existing models, such as the recently revised 3-series coupé and convertible, have BFD capability but need to have it activated. This can be carried out during routine servicing."

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
Sedans have Adaptive Brake lights not the headlights like the coupes. When I was at BMW driving school, our test car was a 330i...when ABS is engaged, the other red part of the tailight lights up. You still arent cool enough to have headlights that swivel with the steering wheel...

·
Registered
274 Posts
SL500 said:
sedans dont have led's...

"BMW has homologated its novel brake lights that glow brighter the harder you brake. Although the technology has existed for a couple of years, Brussels red tape has outlawed such devices until now.

Called Brake Force Display, it will be fitted as standard on 5-, 6- and 7-series models in the next few months, followed by Z4, X5 and the rest of the range.

Many existing models, such as the recently revised 3-series coupé and convertible, have BFD capability but need to have it activated. This can be carried out during routine servicing."
Is the only way to find out if our cars has this cabability by calling the dealer? I think this is a good saftey feature that I'd like to activate... if possible on my 328.
Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Manual is right but the information may not apply to your car. I have one for my car that mention front PDC but I don't have that. I went and ask the dealer about that and they told me coz they are only giving information on how the PDC works in gerneral but not something that I will have for sure for my car. In this case the front PDC only apply to 5 and 7 but not 3'er.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
So 2003+ sedans have that brake light thing but no swirving headlights right?

I never knew that, i just read the 2004 cateloge and listed that the 3 series sedan will have adaptive headlights. I guess i shouldve just waited a few extra months.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Straz 330Ci said:
Sedans have Adaptive Brake lights not the headlights like the coupes. When I was at BMW driving school, our test car was a 330i...when ABS is engaged, the other red part of the tailight lights up. You still arent cool enough to have headlights that swivel with the steering wheel...
Yea, I went to the school too. They showed us the adaptive brake lights. When ABS kicks-in, more brake lights come on. 330i sedan

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep, thank you SHICKS and Straz for confirming! I was surprised, is there any way to test this?!

Yea, I went to the school too. They showed us the adaptive brake lights. When ABS kicks-in, more brake lights come on. 330i sedan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts