BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at replacement trims to better compliment the UUC pedals and UUC RK Magnum that I have on the way. Currently I have the burled wood looking trim. I really REALLY like the new UUC Shadow e-brake and shift knob so I think a silver or brushed aluminum trim would work out the best.

What kind of silver trim is out there for this purpose? Any part numbers? I know about the ACS silver CS trim but dont have that kind of $$$.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I just got the mattchorme trim from BMW. I really like it. Cost me 155$. Normal BMW dealership will sell it for about 220$

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ANy pics or links to pics of this trim?
What I am looking for is something that looks like brushed aluminum ar just about the same color as the Titanium Silver paint BMW uses. I think that kind of trim would compliment the new UUC shadow line.

I already have the UUS Magnum SS on its way here so I'm not going to be getting the Shadow shift knob but the Shadow e-brake is so damn pimp and I think silver interior trim would compliment it very well :thumbup:

(hope you dont mind me posting the pic from the UUC site Rob)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I dont want to change the topic or anything but is there any time of Darkened Silver trim for sedans? Cause i think my interior would look funky if i had a bright shiny silver strip across the center when i have an all black interior. But i want to get the ACS handbrake, shifter and pedal set.. so...

·
Registered
401 Posts
what about some carbon fiber trim. That stuff looks sweet in the car. ive had it for 3 months and no regrets

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've thought about the CF trim but with the UUS shadow e-brake which is silver with CF trim it wouldnt look right in the interior unless the CF was silver, and like I said I dont have the $$$ for the ACS ilver trim. I think the full set is around $1700 :yikes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
GhostRider said:
I've thought about the CF trim but with the UUS shadow e-brake which is silver with CF trim it wouldnt look right in the interior unless the CF was silver, and like I said I dont have the $$$ for the ACS ilver trim. I think the full set is around $1700 :yikes:
:confused: uhh the standard cf would im my opinion look sweet. The silver trim on the knob and e brake would flow with the metal pedals

·
Registered
452 Posts
OEM matt chrome is the trim that looks like brushed aluminum (thats what I have). The OEM titanium is darker (more dark gray/silver). The matt chrome from the dealer cost me $225, but if I had my CCA membership then it would have cost $190.

Attachments

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rome5982 said:
OEM matt chrome is the trim that looks like brushed aluminum (thats what I have). The OEM titanium is darker (more dark gray/silver). The matt chrome from the dealer cost me $225, but if I had my CCA membership then it would have cost $190.
Thanks thats what I needed to know. :thumbup:

I was noticing in your pic there that you have the 6.5" speakers in the front door positions. This was achieved by mounting the speakers on the outside of the door and not the inside like the OEM speakers correct? (a little OT from the thread but I wanted to know)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes, the 6.5 Boston's are mounted to the outside of the door panel. I would have needed to cut the metal door to make them fit if I mounted to the inside of the door panel (didn't want to go that far though). A little less stealthy than stock, but worth it for a 6.5" woofer rather than a 5.25" one.:thumbup: Pmemke had the same thing done to his sedan. I think that 6.5" will fit inside the door panel on coupes, but definately not the sedans. Keep in mind when I say "fit", it means with some modifications to the inner mounting ring and/or screw holes (some more than others).:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Does anyone know of any interior trim kits that use REAL brushed aluminum? After seeing how pimp the brushed aluminum trim in the Z4 looks, I would love it if there was a kit out there.

I've got to think someone makes a real aluminum kit for the e46.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts