E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to install a secret toggle switch that won't allow the key to start the engine unless the toggle switch is on, in case my keys get stolen so it's harder to steal. I have found nothing about which wire to spice into, best I've found is what I believe to be the starter wire (blue and black wire that runs from the key to the EWS). I also don't want my car to think I'm hot wiring it and have to tow it to the dealership that's 45 minutes away to get it reset.

Edit: it's a 2001 325i base

·
Premium Member
28,893 Posts
Just put a switch in the fuel pump power supply line. But not sure why you are so worried. You could also get BMW Scanner 1.4.0 and disable any key in the EWS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just put a switch in the fuel pump power supply line. But not sure why you are so worried. You could also get BMW Scanner 1.4.0 and disable any key in the EWS.
Does bmw scanner requires its cable or any k+dcan cable can work with the programm??

Στλθηκε απ το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιντας Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.