E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am getting the same error code with our 2000 323I. P1423 and P1421. I cleared the codes off the car Thursday night and they did not come back till Saturday night. About 2-3min after the car started. The car is getting worse gas millage after the codes go on.

The car has 150K on it. Sould I try the Seafoam first?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good to hear. I got the seafoam today at Napa. Doing the cleaning tomorrow morning with the engine nice and cold. I had 6 good cold starts because the cell came back so I am guessing the accual hardware is working correct. The clogs are causing the issue not the show right away. Will use the seafoam tomorrow. Clear and the codes and see if they come back again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please check your hose! When pouring in the seafoam I saw a leak. It was about the size of a pin head. I replaced the hose. When I went to pull it off it was completly drie rotted from the inside. I have not even seen a hose this bad in the restoration jobs I have done and some of those hoses were still OEM from the 60's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.