E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Seats in 04's so much better!!

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  akhbhaat 
#1 ·
Yeah, so I have a 02 325xi without the Sport Package. I didn't think it was worth it originally because it didn't really do anything for the suspension. But after having it for a year and a half I realized it would've been worth it just for the seats. In any case, I ended up buying a pair of M3 seats last month and they are great.

But back to the original topic. I took in my car for it's second inspection and got an 04 330xi as a loaner. I believe it just had the cold weather package and sunroof, but definitely no sport package. But the standard seats are sooooo much better than before. My old standard seats had no side bolstering and were basically flat as a board. The seats in the 04 actually hugged my sides a bit and my back didn't hurt after driving for a few hours. If I had gotten these seats with my car originally, I wouldn't have had to buy the M3 seats.

So if you get an 04... the sport package doesn't seem as necessary to me....

#7 ·
i hate my seats on my 00 coupe.... so horrible... flat as a board... no bolstering....

i guess that is why im ordering corbeaus......

cool.....

the non sport seats do seem as if they are alot nicer now a days...

on my new 545i the regular seats are awesome!!!!

#14 ·
Like I said, I'm sure the sport seats are much better than the standard seats. I mean my M3 seats are much better than the stock ones no matter what. I'm just saying that compared to my 02's standard seats the 04 and I guess from the pics above the 03's standard seats are ten times better. At least they have some bolstering and lumbar support. My original seats were like two flat boards stuck together.

I'll take pics of the M3 seats in my sedan sometime soon. Yeah they can still fold forward, but no one really tries to reach for the lever to do so. I mean the B-pillar is right there.

Just my opinion on the seats...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.