E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat was working before and then I was washing the car and moved it back and forth and I guess it had cut the wires. Now the seat wont move at all. No recline or back and forth, basically can't hear the motor working.

Anyone ever had this happen?

·
Registered
541 Posts
not sure what ur even asking? you somehow cut the wires, so reattach them. i dont think thats something that can just happen out of nowhere

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pics don't look like you cut the wires as they don't match. Did you rip out a clip?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like those two wires were cut somehow, I didn't cut them. From the looks of it it looks like it was cut from moving the seats back and forth, I also did try to "attach" the wires but the motor still wouldnt work. I'm asking if anyone had any issues with this and if I just needed to the motor?

Yes, I took the clip off because it basically broken in half.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I did not connect any of the wires together, the wires were cut and it was like that after I noticed the seat stopped working, which was 2 days after I bought the car.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Either pay a trained mechanic to do the work or buy a wiring diagram for the car, buy the appropriate clips, and hook everything up correctly. Also, check the appropriate fuse, as a short caused by grounding a live wire may have blown it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have heard of broken wires,usually at the main piviot of coupe seats. My innner kidney bolster only inflates if I fold the seat Foward. So I have some wire work to do also. Probably best to remove the seat to get a good view of what goes where. Be sure to disconnect the battery before,and the whole time the seat is out. Do not hook the battery back up untill fully reassembled or you will get the air bag error light.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts