BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Will the airbag still work or it just removes the error light? I had replaced that mat before and it was one expensive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the airbag still work or it just removes the error light? I had replaced that mat before and it was one expensive
in my opinion i say that they will work because:
My seat mat was broken but not permanent. When i did cut the seat mat whire i have measured the resistance of the seat mat. It had about 1000 ohms on each circuit when nobody was sitting in the chair and about 2,3,400 ohms when someone sits in the chair. I say that if i have put a 150 ohms resistors the airbag computer thinks someone is permanently standing in the chair. You can check it out very simple. (I cannot because the seat belt buzzer is set to off)

After you solder the resistors/resistor you can try without the seat belt on in the passager seat to drive and see if you hear the seatbelt gong. If you hear the seatbelt gong it meens that the airbag computer thinks that someone is permanently standing in the passager seat. But i am 90% sure that it will deploy in case of accident.

Correct me if i`m wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts