E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crew, since I bought my car in January, I've never been comfortable in the seat. :cry: It took me something like two months to figure out why - even though I've got the premium package, the seat does not lean back, and the bottom panel is as flat as a friggin' table. No side bolsters on the bottom cushion = Nicky's leg flopping over, and I have to use muscle power to keep it propped up on gas or brake. This causes pain in the quad, and discomfort even on short trips.

Solutions? I wonder if I can buy the seats out of a wrecked 3-series M-sport or M3 and install them. God only knows what this will cost me. Alternatively, I wonder if a good upholstery shop can refit the lower cushion to include serious side bolsters. This is probably the least costly solution, assuming it can be done.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Common problem I've been reading. I prefer more pitch on the seat bottom. WHen I lower the power seat it feels like I'm flat on the floor. When I raise it it feels like I'll be sliding down the cushion.

I read one post that suggested inserting a washer or two 1/4 to 5/8th inch thick inder the front stays to creat some downward pitch towards the back of the seat. I'm gonna try that unless anyone has a better idea.

·
Top2Bottom
883 Posts
yeah, im not very happy with my premium seats... i got shafted on mine.... i have a sports package... but no seats... i guess i only get "sports suspension" blaaaaaaaa

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,539 Posts
the SP seats are worlds better than the non SP seats, but still could use a little more padding on the lumbar.

·
Über-Geek
860 Posts
you might want to swap out the drivers seat for a sport seat.. if its a oem sport seat.. or maybe something even better like a Sparco Milano.. From what i've read they are insanely comfortable.. but they expensive..

~T|/\/\

·
Registered
724 Posts
IM BUYING A 2003 325I IN A COUPLE MONTHS. I HOPE I LIKE THE SEATS. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS DONT!! ONE QUESTION...DO THE HEADRESTS ON A BASE 325 TILT LIKE IVE SEEN SOME DO OR DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SPORT PACKAGE..IM GETTING THE PREMIUM!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The sport package seats ARE WORTH the extra cash. In fact, the whole sport package is the best value BMW has ever offered. The standard seats are almost hopeless.

As far as comfort and money are concerned, I would rather spend the money on an awesome pair of seats than spend $500 on an intake.
Doesn't matter if your car looks great on the outside for your neighbors to enjoy if you're uncomfortable driving.

You can probably get a set of BMW sport seats for a reasonable price on Ebay. I've seen them on there. Some of them even have the power option and leather. Check out Ebay and the "for sale" and "wanted" sections on this list as well.
The Milano seats were somewhere around $1000 for a pair or something like that. I don't think that's too outrageous for ultra comfy and supportive seats.
I don't think they're powered though, but the manual adjustments look very nice.

TT

·
Über-Geek
860 Posts
SST said:

The Milano seats were somewhere around $1000 for a pair or something like that. I don't think that's too outrageous for ultra comfy and supportive seats.
Actually for the leather milanos.. they are about 1200 each.. and around 800 or so each for the Alcantara versions..

~T|/\/\

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
the only reason I didnt get the sports package was because of the seats..they just annoyed me and sides...im very happy with my seats except they have no power for 32k they should be included

·
Banned
2,021 Posts
I love my sport seats. BMWs are meant to take curves and the bolsters definitely come in handy then. Definitely worth the price. I haven't figured out what the tilt headrest is for though. Seems to me the pivot point should be on the top, not the bottom.

·
Registered
195 Posts
IronZion said:
the sport seats are fine.. maybe some of you just need to freaking diet.
:eek:wned:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.