E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so somehow since the last time I took my car into the dealer the seat-belt does not just snap back into the pillar of the car. like i used to take it off and it would wind/retract itself right away..now i have to really feed it in there. is there any quick fix for this (or something causing it)? or do i just have to take to the dealer?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've had this same problem on my car for a couple of years, and it's getting slower to retract everyday I drive the car. My car isn't under warranty anymore but I had my car checked out at the shop I take my car for service and they said I would need to replace the entire seat belt mechanism if I wanted this to be fixed.

I also have a few friends with 3 series and they also have the same problem so it looks like this is another one of those common problems which the 3 series may have.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
same. I better get this damn thing in there before my last 7500 miles are up in my warranty. I am going to make a list of warranty issues right now to take care of

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
Ward said:
same. I better get this damn thing in there before my last 7500 miles are up in my warranty. I am going to make a list of warranty issues right now to take care of
n00b, lol

I always have an ongoing list. The last service list was over a page long :lmao:

·
Registered
173 Posts
:) If the belt is folded it wont retract on my car. If it is not then it will barely retract back. Its stupid when I have to hid the fact by just throwing back the buckle in the back seat and hope it retracts if some is lookingl. :thumbdwn: :)

·
Obey my dog
2,571 Posts
mine does this too. i just take it off and lay it in the back seat and it just sits there. i've had the dealer replace the mechanism on both drivers and passengers and it helped a little but it still sucks. my friend's E36 coupe isn't like that...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, i guess i'm not the only one...thanks for your responses.

mine will actually retract itself if i leave it there, but it takes a minute or so, unlike the instantaneous performance it used to have...

my car is still under warranty so i guess they'll just take care of it? do they really have to replace a lotta stuff? because i'm generally against taking apart the car, even by a mechanic, it's just never the same as from the factory.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had the same problem and from what I've been told by the dealer there is nothing in the seatbelt mechanism that can be adjusted, so the entire seatbelt has be be replaced. Fortunately, at that time my car was still under warranty so I had it replaced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts