BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you guys were wondering what the Seas lotus mids I always talk about look like, here are some pics. Just got my new pair of mids. They are going to be used with Morel Supermo tweets. Hand crafted in Norway. Less then 1 percent distortion.
You can find them at www.madisound.com

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

As you can see in the previous pics, the metal cone gives a huge peak at 4.5k that has to be eq'ed out. Other than that this is the most detailed mid I have ever heard. Only mids that come close are Dyn and maybe Utopias.

·
Registered
405 Posts
so why did seas put the metal cone in? got pix on how you mounted that thing?

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
metal cone is more detailed than paper. the peak can be easily gotten rid of, with an eq or the xover that the reference set comes with. i have not mounted them yet. i am gonna make new kick panels next week. ill post pics later.

·
Registered
405 Posts
learthworml said:
metal cone is more detailed than paper. the peak can be easily gotten rid of, with an eq or the xover that the reference set comes with. i have not mounted them yet. i am gonna make new kick panels next week. ill post pics later.
oh, you meant that the main cone is metal. i thought you were refering to the silver cone in the middle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
on the topic of diy components, know anyone w/ LPG 26NA or 25NFA installed in their e46 or e36? :dunno: opinions on these? :dunno: there seems to be some who raves about them on some caraudio sites. also they're 8ohms so they'll be an easy replacement for the stock ones.

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, I actually tried a pair before. They are good off axis tweeters for the car. They are a little harsh on axis. They have great top end. The only thing is they dont have that great of power handling and can not be crossed over low. I dont know if it would work with a direct swap with our stock system. If you get an amp and some mids they will be a great improvement over stock. LPG are great tweeters. I know someone that won many comps this past season with them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
by any chance can they be popped into the stock tweeter driver holders. :D :tongue:

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no sure. i think they are slightly bigger. give them a try, they are only like 55 bucks or something for the pair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts