BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have multiple scratches on the paint on my car. They're not dents, and if I just get it painted or something I think i'll be good. Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to get such a paint job done? Also can anyone tell me where I can go for them in Los Angeles? HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
How deep are the scratches? To the primer? How wide are they?

You don't necessarily have to have the entire panel(s) repainted. With some touch-up paint, a steady hand, polish and maybe a sanding block, you can fix it yourself...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the scratches aren't that deep. it just looks like the paint was scratched off a bit. they look like couple of white hairs hanging on the side of my car. they're not too wide. if i go to a body shop or the dealer could i get i fixed? how much would it cost?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Buy touchup paint at your BMW dealer. Wash the area with the scratches, then wipe with alcohol. Apply the touchup paint with the end of a toothpick (don't use the applicator in the touchup paint, it sucks). Apply multiple coats until it is actually above the existing paint level.

If you don't have it, purchase polish at your local parts shop (3M is preferable). Polish the "bump" you now have until it's even with the existing paint. Wash again if you wish, then wax. You're done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts