BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got lots of scratches on my car. Not too deep but seems like minor scratches but a lot of it. What should I do? Do i take it to a body shop? If so does anyone know a good BMW body shop in Los Angeles?

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
- Try some WAXING - but overall there is NO escape from them !

PS: btw -- there is two choices :
1. --- you can either try ignore and live with them as they are just single/individual small scratches, and try to wax and by that fix them temporary with the ILUSSION they are fixed (cuz the wax is filler.... ).
2. ---- or you can try (detail shop or DIY) - and CUT some layers from the clear coat to remove them, and after some years ending up with repainting the car cuz of the thin layer of protection clear coat that was left on ...

3C
-------------

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
The 2001 on clearcoats are soft soft soft and scratch way to easy. Heard BMW is using a Latex based paint now to save the environment. My 99 was oil based and it took a jackhammer to scratch it, If I breathe heavy on my 2k2 it can get a scratch. Get a good coat of wax on the car, Klasse, Zaino... and the clearcoat will not scratch as easy.

You can try waxing them out but if that dosen't work your local dealer will be more then happy to wet sand them out for $300 an hour... :-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts