E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's life in SD like? I've spent some time there, but not enough to know much about SD life.

I have an opportunity to live in OB, but I don't want to move there and hate it. What are the negs and plusses? Is there anything you hate about the city?

·
Banned
899 Posts
OB is awesome, as it's right by the beach and the sunset is awesome on the cliffs. OB is kinda small, and on the far end of SD(depending on where you need to go, I lived inland), but people are usually pretty nice, relaxed, and there is a pretty good German restaurant right there.

downsides to OB: Large bum population, and the communities aren't the best well kept.

this is all from personal experience. Others may have different views. Also, since you are the well known "Lair of Poli Forum," if you move here, come with an open mind. San Diego is relaxed and pretty accepting of whoever calls this place home.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Lived in SD for 14 years, and now I truly miss it. It depends on where you live seriously. OB ain't bad, but I agree with the above comments. Chula Vista, east of the 805 is awesome, really pretty. Downtown has been cleaned up IMMENSELY and Petco park is beautiful. GREAT place for a family, many museums, Balboa Park so many beaches. I mean, I guess I should ask what are you looking for? How old are you? etc

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm old.

Really old. Mostly I'm looking for safety and low taxes.

:D I couldn't type that last part with a straight face.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
LoL. dood, I consider myself to have an old soul (I'm 29): I'm more of a family man, I like going to the park, I like museums, going to the ball game and movies. Love stuff like Old Town, Balboa Park, Coronado, the waterfront downtown. That's my thing. Are you looking for home or apt?

·
Registered
0 Posts
La Jolla and Del Mar are nice place to live. But do not expect to save money on anything.
I personally don't like PB and OB as they're not clean and have a lot of ghetto party crowd.
Lived in Del Mar for 3 years and moved to Irvine. Miss San Diego everyday.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
i lived in san diego for 4 years for school and still go back to visit as much as i can, in fact i was just there this past weekend. i brought a buddy of mine this time and after the weekend he told me that he understands why i was so reluctant to leave san diego now </thread>

honestly speaking, san diego is probably one of the best places to live imo, good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.